Arrest and detentions

You can execute by arresting and committing to civil jail the judgment debtor but usually this is not granted unless the judgment debtor has been served with a notice to show cause why they should not be committed to civil jail.

You can also execute by appointment of receivers. You appoint receivers as an interim measure or as a mode of execution.

You can also execute by cross decree. This where each party has a decree against each other. Execution in this manner is possible only:

1.      where the same court receives application for the execution of the cross decree

2.      where each decree is for payment of money

3.      where both decrees are possible of execution at the same court

4.      where parties file decrees of the same characters in the same court

If you sell the property for more, the balance should be given to the judgment debtor. And if the property sells for less, you can execute for the unpaid balance.

For conjugal rights you can execute for the money or property equivalence.

If the judgment debtor refused to sign documents, say a transfer of title, the court can replace their signature with that of an official of the court.


Like Us on Facebook

Contact Form


Email *

Message *